Personal Hobby—Sports Car Restoration
Ken Battle is a sports car and racing enthusiast. His hobby is sports car restoration, and he loves working on vintage Sports and GT cars. His engineering, racing and restoration experience combined with his talent for resolving tough technical problems may allow him to assist you with your sports car project.
Sports and GT cars from the late 1950s through the early 1980s (and beyond) should be driven! Keeping them original and locked in a garage is not what they were designed and built for. The maintenance and restoration of these cars should include subtle upgrades to improve everyday drivability and longevity.
Want Help With Your Car?
Do you have one of these cars that won't start, or starts but doesn't stop (!), or are you missing some "no longer available" parts? Perhaps your car is in need of a complete restoration. Call or email Ken and tell him about your car and what you want to do with it. He has extensive restoration experience, and you can make a plan together to get your car on the road.
He has experience with the many race cars and street cars he has owned, and you can put his experience to work for you. Get your car back on the road without spending a fortune. Be prepared for some time delays, but he will work out a schedule you can live with. He has a two-post lift, a large compressor, and most any tool needed to work on older cars. Ken may be able to assist you remotely with parts and advice.
- 4 Years in SCCA with DP Lotus Super 7
- 4 Years in Belgian National Group 1B
- 1978 Belgian National Champion Group 1B <2500cc
- 1978 2nd Place Diner's Club Trans Europe Championship
- Both the Above Results in a 1975 Vauxhall Firenza
- 2 Years in Belgian Rally Series
- 1976 Champion <1300cc in a 1974 Lancia Fulvia Rally
- 2 Years in British Sports 2000 in a Lola T492
- 2 Years in European FF2000 Series in a Lola T580
Other Interesting Street Cars Owned & Worked On:
- 1961 Porsche 356B (Karmann Coupe)
- 1972 Simca Rally II
- 1968 Lancia Fulvia Zagato
- 1976 Alfasud
- 1978 Triumph Sports Wagon
- 1974 Lotus Europa Twin Cam (14 Years)
- 1969 Lotus Elan Plus 2 with Cosworth BDR
- 1992 Subaru SVX in Pearl
- 2008 Subaru STi
- 2004 Audi Allroad
- Two Turbo Saabs
Ken's pride is a 1984 Ferrari 400i. This is a 4.8 liter V-12. It is a 2+2 GT car as seen in the photo. He and his wife have enjoyed the car on their long-weekend vineyard trips and rallies. Car has done over 40,000 miles in 10+ years of ownership.
Ken's Track Day Car—2003 Mercedes E55 AMG with 545 HP (For Sale)
Jeanette Battle's 1994 Subaru SVX (Sold)